Elizabeth City is a small North Carolina city that has much to offer its residents. Hot weather can keep residents indoors during the summer, but a well-maintained air conditioner keeps homeowners cool and comfortable inside their homes.
About Elizabeth City
Elizabeth City is a small city located in northern North Carolina.
Elizabeth City started out as a trade location along the Pasquotank River. The Dismal Swamp Canal allowed the city to be established in 1793. The city thrived as a financial center throughout the early 1800s.
The shipping industry took off in the city in the late 1800s. Shipbuilding was especially prevalent in Elizabeth City during World War II.
There are 18,683 people living in 7,487 households within Elizabeth City. Just under one-third of households contain at least one person under the age of 18. Approximately 34 percent of households in the city include a married couple.
The median age in Elizabeth City is 31.3 years. Median household income is $34,582 per year, and median annual income per capita is $17,592.
Special events held in Elizabeth City offer fun for families, couples and residents of all ages.
- Dismal Day at Dismal Creek State Park is an exciting event for the whole family. The October event features games, rides, food vendors, crafts and contests.
- The Mistletoe Show is held in early November each year. The event showcases local artists and food vendors, and gifts that are perfect for giving during the holiday season are available for purchase.
There are two major shopping areas located in Elizabeth City.
- Southgate Mall houses a variety of national chains that offer clothing, jewelry, gifts and electronics.
- Main Street is a quaint area of the city that offers unique shopping opportunities. Boutiques in the area sell designer clothing, handbags and gifts.
Elizabeth City offers museums that are designed to provide exciting educational opportunities for residents of all ages.
- Museum of the Albemarle contains a collection of artifacts from the surrounding area. Information about the history of the region is on display to educate visitors.
- Port Discover is a science center geared toward children. Exhibits are designed to keep kids engaged while they use a flight simulator, walk through a beautiful garden and explore a fitness center.
Children who live in Elizabeth City attend public schools that are part of the Elizabeth City-Pasquotank Public School system. There are seven elementary schools, two middle schools and two high schools located within the city. There is also an alternative high school that allows teens with a unique learning style to thrive academically.
Several private schools are also available in Elizabeth City. Higher education opportunities are available at Elizabeth City State University, College of the Albemarle and Mid-Atlantic Christian University.
Air Conditioning Services in Elizabeth City, NC
North Carolina is known for its southern flair and rich history. Unfortunately, hot, humid summers can drive residents indoors. A working air conditioner can maintain indoor comfort, but it is important for cooling systems to be properly serviced.
Weather Makers has been providing HVAC services to Elizabeth City residents for over 40 years. The experienced air conditioning contractor offers services including repair, maintenance and installation to ensure that customers are able to keep their homes comfortable. Contact Weather Makers to schedule an appointment or to request more information about the air conditioning services that the company offers.